Tuesday 17 April 2012

I suppose I have to start somewhere.......

So here I am, staring at a blank page!

Lets start at the very beginning after all, as Julie Andrews once sang, it is a very good place to start.

I am Helen, married to Steve and we are the proud if a little bemused at times parents of Chloe age 11, Elisha 7, James 5, Kerrie 3 and our newest member of the family Lucy who is a mere 3 months old. Yes you did count that up correctly we have five children, five beautiful, clever, bright and utterly bonkers children. Four daughters and one son.

When we visit the local shops or walk on the promenade, or go anywhere en masse, We invariably encounter someone who will ask the usual impertinent questions so for those who will wonder I will just get the following out of the way.

Yes - we do know what causes it, well by the time we had the first two we had worked it out. (Yes I am joking!)

Yes - we do have a telly, two in fact, with this many in the house it saves so many arguments.

Yes - we have our hands full, that's the way we like it.

Yes - I know I said we were having no more last time (and the time before) but I am exercising the ladies prerogative and anyway do I ask you to explain your life decisions in the supermarket, on the school playground, or on the bus? No funnily enough I don't because that would be jolly rude......

To those who tell me they don't know how I do it my reply is always the same. 'You know the proverbial duck swimming serenely across the water while underneath the surface its legs are flapping like crazy, well that is me.' We just work on the basis of dealing with one thing at a time and everything else has to wait. Sometimes this approach works, sometimes not but we try and that is as much as anyone can do. We also have the luxury of a large and very supportive family which makes a big difference to our lives.

The way I see it all mums are busy and they all have different things to deal with. Some work, some don't, some are in good health, some have chronic illness to cope with, some have one child, some have more but this is my bed, I chose to make it and I will lay in it, figuratively speaking of course I mean I have five kids, what is a lie in?







No comments:

Post a Comment